Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Love You, Zepplin

Today was probably the worse day I have had all year. Today I took Zepplin to the vet.
Why you ask?

Well let me start at the beginning...

It all started last night when Zepplin wouldn't come in when I called him. He always comes in. Especially when I rattle the cat food. But it took about an hour to get him to come back home. And then when I brought him in he started growling at me. And nick told me he growled at him during the day. Then when we put him down he'd hide himself away. He wasn't eating. I was so worried, and in absolute hysterics; he was never like that.

This morning he seemed to be deteriorating pretty quickly. So I called Mum and she come down to take me and Zepplin to the vet. As he was lying on the tiles and every time he'd move he'd growl regardless of whether we touched him. Every time he walked around his back legs would shake. And he when he went to the toilet this morning he decided he would stay in the litter tray as it was too painful to get out.

We finally got him to the vet, and it was all bad news from there. He had a huge mass in his body, and the vet said that that was his bladder because it was full and that he probably has crystals in his urine preventing him from going to the toilet. They said he needed to have surgery. That if he didn't have it he could die. And if he did have it and if he did take to the anesthetic he could die too and that I would have to choose. If I didn't consent to surgery he would need to be put down, I was in tears the whole time. Of course I decided he should have the surgery. Where they were going to try and empty his bladder and then put a catheter in. I had to leave him there and say goodbye just in case. Tears streaming down my face, I even made my mum and my sister cry too.

I called them just before to see how everything was going. They said he took to the anesthetic. And they emptied his bladder but they couldn't get the catheter in. He's now lying in a bed with heat packs around him and they're going to keep him there over night and see how he goes and whether his bladder fills up again, also try and get the catheter in again. I hope he's okay. I don't know how I am going to go not having him wandering around the house tonight. They say I have to call them in the morning at 10.30am to get the full news from the vet.

I feel a little better knowing he's okay at the moment. But I am still really worried. I am also glad I had some money saved away or else I would never have been able to afford to get him surgery and I would have lost him today.

I'm praying he gets better, and I can bring him home soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry hun!! I really hope he gets much better! Let me know how it works out. xxxx

    ReplyDelete