Friday, April 9, 2010

Cairns Birdwing

Nick and I arrived at the Melbourne Zoo, and already we were in a flurry of confusedness. Firstly, I was reading the map wrong. I thought we entered through the main gate but really, considering that we took the train in, we came in the train entrance. So my search for the gorillas was pointless, as they were on the other side of the Zoo. Nick, of course, took the reigns after that not trusting me with the map.

We had arrived quite late in the day and thought we weren't going to see everything in the Zoo. Baby Mali was on show that day, but we didn't get a chance to see her, considering the massive line that was a hundreds years long(yes, I am exaggerating, but only slightly :P)

We saw all the Australian animals first, can't tell you that that was a highlight, far from it. It got more entertaining as we moved onto the zebras, watching them interact with giraffes was quite amusing, as was Nick's cute teasing that I should get him an ice-cream because he'd been a 'good boy', hah not likely. But I am nice so he got his ice cream and we headed to the big cats. I love big cats, the way they are exactly like small cats except they're bigger and could probably rip your throat with their teeth. My cat, if he had the chance, would rip my throat out for not getting his dinner to him on time. Bless his soul.
The lions, I found, quite whiny. But that's like most males. I guess it can't help being couped up with other males and not having a female in sight, as well as, having the hyenas' devilish laugh right in the next pen. Yep, I'd be very whiny too.

Eventually we got around to everything in our short space of time. Got on the train very exhausted. And even Nick's little muse about 'nobody ever falls asleep on the train' didn't stop him from taking a small nap on my shoulder. Overall, a fantastic day and one I plan on doing again somewhere in the future.


Cairns Birdwing: Rare Queensland Butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment